Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Putting seeds for propagation

Seeds are wet enough, it's time to put them for propagation.
I should've used really small cup for soaking instead of glass, tiny seeds are very challenging to work with. Some of them have not sinked, but I'm going to try them anyway to check if it is really a bad sign.
I'm about to start an experiment to check which medium is the best. Groups are:

  • Bonsai soil
  • Sphagnum moss on bonsai soil 
  • Rockwool plug
  • Filter paper 
  • Additional group is floater seeds on bonsai soil.
I'm using plastic propagators with transparent lids:

I soaked sphagnum well in a small cup:

Put soil in propagator and also watered it:

It's really difficult to move wet seeds from glass to medium. I used small strips of paper to operate, and word "scatter" doesn't really reflect all fine details of the process.



Finally, seeds are on rockwool plug and filter paper in propagator box

And on soil (barely visible)

Lids are in place and propagators are put on top shelve in kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment